Sunday, May 25, 2008

The Matrix of the Rings

Agent Elrond: As you can see, we've had our eye on you for some time now, Mr. Baggins. It seems that you've been living two lives. In one life, you're Mr. Baggins, innocent traveller, you have a hole back in the Shire, you pay your taxes, and you help your uncle with his parties and affairs.. The other life is lived in adventures, where you go by the heroic alias Ringbearer and are guilty of transporting stolen artifact quality magic rings. One of these lives has a future, and one of them does not. I'm going to be as forthcoming as I can be, Mr. Baggins. You're here because we need your help. We know that you've been contacted by a certain individual, a man who calls himself Gandalf. Now whatever you think you know about this man is irrelevant. He is considered by many authorities to be the most dangerous man alive. My colleagues believe that I am wasting my time with you but I believe that you wish to do the right thing. We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start and all that we're asking in return is your cooperation in bringing a known wizard to justice.

Frodeo: Yeah. Wow, that sounds like a really good deal. But I think I got a better one. How about I give you the finger -

Agent Elrond: Uhm.

Frodeo: - and you put my ring back.

Agent Elrond: Uhm, Mr. Baggins. You disappoint me.

Frodeo: You can't scare me with this Nazgul crap. I know my rights. I want my ring.

Agent Elrond: Tell me, Mr. Baggins, what good is a ring if you're unable to wear it... You're going to help us, Mr. Baggins, whether you want to or not.

No comments: