Thursday, May 15, 2008

Jeffrey Rowland and his All Star Band of Ragamuffins

I'm going to start off this probably pointless blog with the highest of high praises for the phenomenal people at TopatoCo.

Really, all the people that manage to keep up funny, creative, interesting, artistic, etc webcomics impress me. And entertain me a great deal.

Mostly what you'll see here if you're bored enough to look will be things I've learned about computers. Some of it simple, hopefully some of it will be complex. Occasionally I'll probably spout a bunch of nonsense about some subject that's bugging me. Feel free to ignore it.

nmap -sV -n your.computer.name
Probes open ports on the computer and reports what it finds and what it thinks is living there.

amap -bd server port
Probe a port on a server and return the ASCII banner and a hex dump of the response from the port.

egrep "foo|bar"
Grep for logically ORd things. Finds any line with foo OR bar on it.

No comments: