Tuesday, May 20, 2008

adult content

Oh, if anybody wanders across this and wonders why it says there is adult content and yet there really doesn't seem to be, I thought I'd put something up to explain that.

I initially clicked it because I tend to use what some people call "harsh language" a lot. And given my attitude about nudity and pr0n there is always the chance that I'll put something that wouldn't be particularly work safe for some people. So I thought having the adult content flag set would be a reasonable thing to do.

Also, I have an idea kicking around in the back of my head that is somewhat rebellious and dislikes the idea that people have to label something "adult content" because of the ridiculous ideas of propriety in the US. I really hate censorship and the idea that one group of people attempts to keep information from another group. I fully understand that parents want to be able to control what their children see and interact with. I don't agree with it, but I'm not a parent and I'm not about to try to tell anybody how to raise their children, other than the obvious that abusing them is bad. M'kay? So I somewhat set that adult content flag to indicate how stupid it is that such a thing is needed, but mostly just so that people have no legitimate reason to bitch if I decide to post something that is actually adult content.

I also got off into a giant rant about censorship and people pushing their beliefs onto others, but decided to delete it. I tend to over state stuff when I get to ranting, and while I won't put a lot of my opinion on issues in this blog, I'd rather keep away from ranting on here as much as possible.

No comments: