Thursday, September 10, 2009

More progress!

The handyman that did my tile stopped by last night and we decided that he would make the installation look prettier and reseal it a bit which he did this morning. The hot tub install is supposed to happen either tonight or tomorrow night, I'm guessing tomorrow night since I haven't heard from them yet. The electrician is scheduled for tomorrow night. So with any luck, I'll have a useable hot tub on Saturday. Woohoo!

More big news...I finally bitched to REC about how little movement was happening on my installation and how the install time kept getting pushed out against my will, etc etc. I got a response from the sales guy within 30 minutes, then the reworked plan and numbers later that evening, and a call from the project manager just now offering to start the installation next Monday morning. So! I'm getting a 6.7kw installation instead of an 8.4kw, I'm getting about $3000 less back from taxes, but it's costing me about $4000 less for the installation. So that all works out fine, and I should still be generating about twice as much power as the max I ever pull.

Once this is all done and the money has all settled down, etc, I think I'll get a new efficient refrigerator and dishwasher with the difference in the cost of the solar.

No comments: