Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Slowly better...I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I got a 72.5 on my first pre-test to 4th degree black belt. It's nice because it's a passing score, but I"m more happy about feeling good about what I did on the test. Certainly not perfect, but I did pretty well. In December I'll be taking the 2nd of 3 pre-tests, but that one will be much much easier to manage.

I got a 90% on my security certification exam with an hour left over. Pretty damned happy about that.

The inspector came by and checked my shed and said it has to be changed because the contractors didn't follow the plans. So the contractor talked to the inspector and verified that they just have to change out the pillars to be treated wood instead of untreated then I should be set to go. Hopefully the fix will happen today and the inspection tomorrow.

The tile guy put in the subfloor for the tiling yesterday and then was nice enough to whip up two window covers with vents in them to satisfy the other thing the inspector found wrong with my shed. now I just need to figure out a way to make them look less tacky than they are now since it's just two pieces of plywood attached over the window casing with vents in the middle.

So it looks like everything is going to work out to be perfect, if perfect means "forced to store the hot tub for 1.5 weeks before installation". But that's not a huge problem.

I still don't have the new plans/cost of the solar project. I wish they'd hurry up.

No comments: