Tuesday, October 5, 2010

1 Year of Solar Electric Generation

Here are my first year totals. I sure hope I get to buy a good monitor soon. Ugh...I'm so tired of money problems.

Energy Supplied = 10.3 MWH
Yield = 477.2 USD
CO2 Reduction = 6.74 Tons
Maximum Output Power = 8097 W
Maximum Grid Voltage = 279 V
Minimum Grid Voltage = 209 V
Maximum Array Voltage = 422 V
Operating Hours = 4141 H

  • Energy Supplied - Energy Supplied During Monitoring Period
  • Yield - Money Earned During Monitored Period. (This is probably inaccurate.)
  • CO2 Reduction - CO2 emissions avoided during monitored period if the same amount were generated by a combustion power plant
  • Operating Hours - number of hours of power generation.
So in theory the power company will send me a check for $477 for the power I've generated this year.  In reality I didn't receive any money from them last year, but that may be because I generated less power than I used last year.  We'll see what happens in January.

According to the Operating Hours I got about 177 days of power generation out of the last 365.  Not bad given that the time doesn't accrue at night.

1 comment:

Tim Catellier said...

I'd say those numbers are quite respectable. Have you got a specific monitor in mind?